Sunday, July 09, 2006

wa-waaaaa....

Today I go back to work. In fact, I should be on my way now, but Scott snuck ahead of me into the shower, and that old Doris Day/Jack Lemmon movie about the woman with the lobster business who sues the railroad and sings the Scout song "be prepared" is on.
I've got mixed feelings about going back to work, after a lovely week of vacation- naps, Tour, campfires, s'mores, and more naps. I go back today for one day/one Mass, then Monday-Friday my beloved and I go to Brighton for a five-day Institute on lifelong faith formation. Should be good, I reckon, and it has the added blessing of putting off "real" work until next week. It's not that I dislike work, and it's not even that I return to a confusing bit of negotiations left unresolved when I was there last time. It's just that I vastly prefer vacationing to working.
Why, there's Gene Rayburn, in the movie! Aww, I can go in a bit late, can't I?

No comments: