Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I love the internet!!

It’s the perfect thing for the “abstract random” (an eerily accurate picture of me!!), because you can go from one thing to the next in an endless stream of inspiration and interest. Sometimes I have to stop and ask myself “how did I ever get to this page??”
This article I found from a link at the end of a test to see what kind of Catholic I am (that’s an Ignatian Exercises -Moderately Progressive- Catholic,
thank you very much.) I found the link to that quiz on D Scott Miller’s blog
, by the way. FYI, the quiz works better in Internet Explorer than Safari.
ANYWAY. About that article :
Although the author leaves a footnote un-angrifying the article a bit, I thought shesaid a serious mouthful. I’d never thought of this struggle in these terms, but the way she says what she says really hit me. I have worked with a few Pastoral Associates, and I do feel for them because their job doesn’t seem to have an actual description anywhere- instead, from parish to parish, the PA seems to be given the tasks that the pastor doesn’t want to do. Sometimes she’s lucky and gets to do actual pastoral ministry- sometimes she puts the bulletin to print and does the pastor’s Christmas shopping for him. (YES, I have seen that happen. Really!) I don’t believe anyone goes into Pastoral Associate School to do such things.
This church is blessed with so many gifted, vocation-ed people- lay and ordained. Our task is to figure out how to put these gifts to use in our parishes and dioceses.

No comments: