Wednesday, July 19, 2006

half a baby

Tonight, for the second night in a row, I wheedled Scott into taking me out for ice cream. YES, that is WAY off my diet, strictly verboten... carbapalooza. Monday, I'll be back on with a vengeance. But that's not the point of my post.
WHAT (here comes the point) is with ICE CREAM CONE sizes?? Ask for a "baby" size and you get something the size of a baby's head!!! Just who are the gigantic babies these cones are designed to feed?
One day long ago (okay last Summer) I was in line at a local ice cream place and heard the woman in front of me say "I'll have half a baby". Brilliance!!
Now I order half babies everywhere I go. They are what used to be a "medium" when I was a kid, and let me tell you they're plenty. Very reasonable, and not a mortal sin, just a venial. Not bad. But it does feel a bit odd to step up to a window and say "I'll have a half a baby please!!"

No comments: