Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Lazy? Yes. Hazy? Yes.

It's vacation week here on Lindall Hill. (We spent the first weekend at our beloved campground of course, and did you see us on the tv broadcast of A Prairie Home Companion? We were on the left, in the crowd, Scott in yellow and I in white... during America the Beautiful.)
Since camping and the big 3rd of July Fireworks, I've been doing a lo of nothing. Lots of napping, and I'm reading a nice book about Maine in the 1800's that makes me chuckle out loud, and trying not to think about my work worries. It's only Wednesday, after all, and next week I'll be at a week-long institute, so "real" work is a ways away yet.
My dearest has been much more productive than I have this week, leaping out of bed to tend to his lawn ("ten thousand little children who rely on him for water and haircuts") and making sure the lawn and the sidewalk meet at perfect 90 degree angles. I walk past my little gardens and deadhead the pansies, stomp on the earwigs, and call it a day. The morning glories are starting to climb in the back and I am impatient for them to flower!
But for now, it's rest and relax, stave off the stress, breathe deeply, sleep much. Ahhhhhhh.....

No comments: