Friday, May 25, 2007

nap time

I'm at an odd juncture with this pregnancy- it's so new that it doesn't show, and of course the news isn't out generally (nor can it be out... not yet...) so there's none of that sympathy that pregnant women historically get (Oh no, don't lift that can of soda! Let me get that for you!). But the thing is, I feel like HELL! I can barely muster the strength to lift the can of coke that I am Ca-RAVING so badly. If I weren't pregnant, I'd be worried about my mental health- all I want to do is sit around, eat/drink, and take naps. I'm kind of in-hiding anyway, because of the Secret of Baby Dumpling, but also, I just don't feel like going anywhere or seeing anyone anyway.
I can't even describe how I'm feeling physically, outside of the stabbing breast pain- that's easy to describe. But otherwise, I feel... well, I just feel... weird! I am completely sluggish- almost energy-free. I'm hungry, actually hungry now, like one feels when one hasn't eaten in a long time. Of course, I HAVE eaten, so without this tapeworm-like energy sucker in my belly, I wouldn't be hungry like this. And I'm not just tired, I'm sleepy... drowsy... yawning and eyes watering and just wanting to curl up with the cats and doze.
I ate an entire tub of cottage cheese today, and strangely everything else I've eaten I've thought "mmm, this would be so good with cottage cheese!"
Apparently the second trimester is tons of fun and bliss, according to the press on it. Just when you really look pregnant, you feel better- doesn't seem fair. But already my pants are fitting... less well... so maybe I'll be able to launch early into that stage. Maternity wear is actually something I'm looking forward to, if it comes to that, because I've always had the kind of body that was better suited to maternity clothes anyway. Finally I'll be able to find clothes that fit around my belly!
I wish I'd bought some more cottage cheese this afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
I'm really excited for you!!!! I craved raisins and oranges. Eat away, and more than just eat, SLEEP all you want!!!
(: