Saturday, May 19, 2007

My Hero

Did I mention yet that I am a hormonal, emotional wreck-then-nasty crazy bitch then weeping uncontrollably? I suppose it is mostly hormones, but it's definitely compounded by the scariness and complexity of this whole situation.
Also, my boobs hurt. I don't remember them hurting like this last time(s).
Anyway, like I was saying, I go from placid to raging pretty quickly, which is really not my usual way. I'm pretty even-keeled overall, calm and sedate- I'm no android, but... pretty even.
Yesterday I got a raging headache and Scott was whistling along with some sound on the tv, and I thought seriously about stabbing him, repeatedly, with my crochet needle. Okay, not really. But when he brought me Aleve to take, which I can not take because I'm pregnant, it was all I could do not to throw the bottle at him.
But he is my hero. He drove me straight to the drug store for preg-friendly Tylenol, let me wait in the car, and brought out not only the medicine but water to take it with, two bags of cheetos (crunchy AND puffs) and a huge Symphony bar!
He said "Ohh, is it this one that you like, the milk chocolate one? Or was it the one with toffee in it? I couldn't remember.... but I remember that you told me once you used to eat these candy bars in college, when you were having a tough time." (Yes, we called them Sympathy bars.)
I am blessed. He is amazingly patient with my limbo-ness, he holds the burden of being the joyful, hopeful one of the couple. He thinks I'm pretty when I feel the ugliest, and he doesn't ever ever tell me to just get over it.
He's even trying really really hard not to touch my boobs.