Tuesday, May 22, 2007

14,269

That's my HCG level. That means things are progressing well, right on schedule for a 6-weeks-pregnant person. Next comes the ultrasound, a week from today. I feel some relief at hearing the numbers, because with pregnancy #2 my numbers at this point were hovering around 50. Big difference.
The ultrasound is a big benchmark because I've only ever experienced one, and it was to say the least, unpleasant. (To say the most, it was traumatic.) So I think I'll be feeling pretty anxious leading up to that day.
Now the question of telling is zipping around my head- I've held off telling mostly everybody, because I wasn't convinced it was really going to happen... to continue... to...take. But now with encouraging numbers, things look, well, encouraging. But to tell the truth, I'm still not convinced, which makes me still unsure about broadcasting the news.
But, the longer I wait, the more awkward the situation feels. Not only because I hate the whole secret thing, but also because there is a real hierarchy as to who should know what, and when- in what order.
I saw a bunch of my family members this weekend and didn't tell them- they'll probably want to know why... and I brushed off two more for fear of having to tell them- silly. But, the more people I tell, then the more I may have to un-tell, and the un-telling sucks.
So, maybe one more week- after the ultrasound. Or, maybe this weekend. I don't know.
But in the meantime, the numbers are good.

No comments: