Tuesday, June 06, 2006

(0)6(0)6(0)6!!!

Shouldn't there be some scary headlines today about the end of the world? It's 666 after all. I remember in the early 90's I was volunteering with Young Life and the word of the street was that the "rapture" was scheduled for a particular day. After a club meeting that night, some of the others were getting together to pray for the fate of the world.
Being a non-evangelical type from Maine, whose church thought they were forward-thinking when they banned white dresses at First Communion, this was kind of stunning stuff. Didn't Jesus tell us we wouldn't know when "the day" was coming? I mean, I'm pretty sure he specifically mentioned that... I guess prayers for the fate of the world are never wasted.
But maybe we've caught on, maybe the doomsayers think Satan's too clever to take advantage on such an obvious day. Either way, let's be careful out there, just in case- and maybe offer up some world-fate prayers.

No comments: