Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook with Nary a Thing to Say.

FOR TODAY 01/13/09...
Outside My Window... one can practically hear the cold air creeping in. By the end of the week, we're supposed to be at 0 degrees or thereabouts. And that's 32 degrees below freezing!
I am thinking... about what to say I'm thinking about, because I'm not thinking about anything deep or impressive.
I am thankful for... the good healing that's going on and the progress I've made so far.
From the kitchen... I am fighting the urge to try the recipe for MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE, which is just what it sounds, a cake cooked in a coffee mug, in 5 minutes, in the microwave. Dangerous!!
I am wearing... Jeans, and the zip-up sweatshirt that has been my constant companion since surgery.
I am creating... Okay, also not much. I really did not use my recuperation time usefully at all, outside of the little yellow hat I crocheted for the Flanagan baby. I don't know how to make a hat, but there you go. It's got some bumps and lumps, but I think it'll work, stretched over a wee head.
I am going... to bed, even while Scott goes off to the gym. He's been leaving for the gym after 9pm, a time at which I positively could not work up a sweat- but he seems to be liking it a lot.
I am reading... WELL. I just finished The Shack. Would you read it, please, and let me know what you think?
I am hoping... that my girls will be ready for exercise soon. Because I'm really going to start, soon.
I am hearing... Black Adder Goes Forth on my teev. Now this is the kind of television Hugh Laurie was created for.
Around the house... cats are snuggling up to radiators.
One of my favorite things... is a NO-weekend. It's an expanded NO-Day, which is a day with NO plans, NO place to be, and NO things to do. This is our first NO weekend for... weeks, and I can't wait!!
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: you know, it's just about time for a pilgrimage to IKEA. We need some storage containers, iced tea spoon/straws, and various other things. But then again, it's going to be really cold...
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
A bad shot of some very cool socks, made by my ever-so-crafty sister:

No comments: