Friday, January 16, 2009

The Great Hunt

We have been sitting peacefully in our living room, trying to decide whether or not to go out into the freezing cold for dinner. But a few minutes ago, we heard a tousle in the dining room, and I jumped up to see if the cats were wrestling.
Well, one cat was wrestling, but she was wrestling not with a cat but with a MOUSE!!! I got up just in time to find Pip with a mouthful of mouse in the dining room.
Which she dropped, and then chased into the bedroom.
Which she then caught, and brought up onto the bed and dropped onto Scott's pillow.
Which then ran under the bed, followed by Pip.
Scott then got down on all fours to move the bins and other crap out of the way, so Pip could hunt better (while we were debating our options... let Pip finish? She didn't seem all that intent on the actual KILLING of the mouse, and anyway, what if she DID kill it, what are the odds it would be a neat kill? If you know what I mean?) and I stood on a chair.
Yes, I stood on a chair. But it's not what you think, it was really so I could get a good shot at the scene with my camera, which I had run to the kitchen to get. So, you know, there.
Then, the mouse ran out from under the bed, and UNDER SCOTT. He actually brushed against Scott's knee on his way by. Oh Man.
Now, the mouse has disappeared, somewhere in our dining room, and Pip is still under the bed trying to rout out the mouse, which, you know, is not in the bedroom, which we tried to tell her but she is just ignoring us.
So, yeah, we're going out to dinner. Remind me to change Scott's pillowcase before we go to bed tonight!

Where did he go???!!!

1 comment:

HerMajesty00 said...

Margo anything smaller than a rabbit is iiiiiiiiicccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy