Saturday, February 16, 2008

OUTED

A couple of months ago, whilst sitting with some of the Kansas girls, I hear another of the Kansas girls talking with my pastor across the room. It was a loud room, with the football game roaring, and the fans roaring, and general restaurant cacophony. But I heard it clearly... my pastor saying, incredulously, "Margo has a blog?"
Oh Lordy. Well that wasn't really such a big deal, as he was off on a long vacation the next day and I'm sure his head would be filled more with balmy weather and bright colored vacation shirts than the fact that I had a blog. He hasn't mentioned it and I reckon he's forgotten all about that moment.
But last night, out on the town with some of our dearest friends (all top-ten-ers) when all of a sudden it seemed that half the table was using the words "Margo's blog"! The friends on the other half of the table turned to me and said "wait... you have a BLOG?"
Which led to a quick review of my archives at home... and fortunately, I found that (as I had hoped) there was nothing to worry about. It was kind of a nice journey down memory lane for me, but it was also and opportunity to look at the whole blog through the lens of "what will these people learn about me be reading this?"
It made me wonder why I've never told people at work about my blog- I guess it's because it's not really a work blog. (Like D. Scott Miller's, or Austin Fleming's) I don't think I have anything to hide, especially now that I work in a place that I love, but still... it just feels like the crashing together of two worlds. A little.
So anyway, welcome two new readers, and world.
I am Margo. I are legion. I do forgive, I do not forget. Expect me.

7 comments:

Cate said...

could be worse. your Mom could have found it.

HerMajesty00 said...

Blogger Margo's out of the closet.

Tyson said...

Here is a dot on the map from Florence for you Margo.

Tyson

margmor said...

Thanks Tyson!! Happy traveling!

Anonymous said...

wait a minute . . . are you suggesting that I have something to worry about. . .? YIKES!

margmor said...

Nahhhh, you should be fine!

JuggleDoug said...

My pastor knows about my blogs, but I maintain . . . I don't know, like seven different blogs, so I play this game where I announce on a blog that I'm about to steal all the candy from the office, then sneak in when the receptionists are doing something else. Sometimes I try to eat as much candy before while I’m in the office before they get back. No one has ever said anything to me, so I don’t think any of them read my blogs. The only repercussion of my self-amusing joke is that I’ve put on a couple of pounds . . . totally worth it.