Tuesday, February 12, 2008

It's.... (play Monty Python theme music here)

...the 123 page book Meme. I love memes and almost never get tagged to do them, so I take it upon myself instead, stealing them from other blogs. This one's been on several blogs that I read regularly, which I think entitles me to it.
Here are the rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book ( of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

Technically the closest book to me is a Bible, but that just seems too show-off-y. So instead, the second closest book: Prayer for Parish Groups.

Page 123, 6th-9th sentences:
What work will we give our hands this day? And how will that work share in partnership with the work of Christ? For the gift of our hands and the power of their touch we bless you God, our creator.

I know it's churchy, that's probably because I'm at work. I know for sure the closest book to my laptop at home is "Last Days of Dead Celebrities" and that would probably have been a far more interesting entry. Oh well, that's what I get for blogging at work.

I tag:
Her Majesty
Don B.
Sue Brash (on her livejournal! It counts!)
Paula (what the heck, maybe she'll actually blog!)
Kate D (get back on the blogging horse missy!)

1 comment:

Cate said...

You didn't tag me, but I bit anyway. I picked up "When Reality Hits" by Nancy Barry -- a book I've been tapping to prepare for a leadership capstone program on school-work transition skills. Here is what is on p. 123, sentences 6-8:
"Always be thinking about what you can do to make someone else's day special. One of the keys to building strong relationships is making people feel special. Go our of your way to let people know you appreciate them."

I thought that dovetailed very nicely with your selection!