Monday, February 11, 2008

Not responsible

We have a calendar in our bathroom (is that weird?) right next to the toilet, and on it, I write nice little notes to Scott every day. (Is that weird?) But that's not what I'm blogging about today. What I'm blogging about is the fine print on the February calendar page.
On the bottom of the calendar grid, in tiny print, it says something like "While every effort has been made to make this calendar accurate, we cannot be held liable for any errors, omissions or inconsistencies."
Seriously?
A calendar printing company can't be held responsible for printing an accurate calendar? How hard can it be to double check or... hey... even QUADRUPLE check... their calendar before publishing? Oh maybe that's not a fair question, since they clearly stated that EVERY effort has been made.
And what is it about that fine print that gets them off the hook? If I called angrily to complain that I'd missed my wedding day because of their incorrect calendar, what would they say? "Sorry Ma'am. Check February. See? It says we CAN'T be held liable."
What trouble could I get out of by just using that statement? Maybe I should write across the hood of my car (backwards printing, obviously) "while every effort has been made to make this car/ride to work safe, we can't be held liable for any accidents, crashes, or law-breaking." I probably would NEVER get pulled over!
This has opened up for me a whole new world of options for me. Maybe I'll start off Bible Study tomorrow night with a big fat juicy disclaimer. Then I won't have to worry about doing things well. Hmmmm....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think this is a criticism but really an agreement. Having a calendar in the bathroom is a little wierd. I'm just saying...