Thursday, June 14, 2007

two new posts

Today was my last day at my old job. It was a sad and sweet day- lots of well-wishers came by and we had a lovely casual lunch with all my favorites. Yesterday was the "official" good-bye luncheon, with most of the staff there. They had fancy food, cake, and tributes in the tradition of this parish. I got lovely group gifts, with a theme: a PEACE plant, and a framed print of St. Francis' PEACE prayer. What's the message here?
But today was the REAL party- the cats were away for the day and we got fun food and joked about the cats and about the fun we've had, and gossiped and laughed. I got a bunch of cool presents!! GREAT cards, warm hugs, and a couple tears. All the good people were there, and my send-off was just lovely.
I left feeling good, and sad, and hopeful and appreciated. I can't wait to start my something new, but first ... two lovely weeks of vacation. I've already taken one nap!

No comments: