Wednesday, June 20, 2007

ahhhhhh (except at 7)

So this is vacation! I could easily get used to this- I have been doing some housework, lots of lounging around, and lots of snacking- my new strategy is to eat something every two hours or so, because throwing up nothing is not fun.
My "morning" sickness has settled into a predictable, yet miserable and inconvenient, pattern. I race to the toaster in the morning to something to stuff in my gob, and that chases away morning nausea. Then I'm free and clear until just about 7:00, at which I can no longer think about food, although I am hungry. Scott has had to take over all dinner duty while I hide in the living room because I just can't have food in my head- I can eat pretty much anything but just don't talk to me about it- just serve it and I'll eat.
So at 7 I hit the bathroom, and then quickly feed myself again- then I'm mildly nauseous for the rest of the night. The later I stay up, the sicker I feel, so I have been trying to call it a night a bit early.
What's been the greatest part of this vacation is the detox from my former job. I got an SOS call from my former assistants today, about the latest asinine move by my former supervisor, (really, it's ridiculous, and more of the same baloney that I had to deal with there) and I had simultaneous feelings of guilt for leaving my friends there, and wondrous joy at being finally away from all that.
Leaving a parish feels like a divorce, to me- maybe I've said that here before- but knowing that I'm making a move that's best for me doesn't undo the guilt of leaving everyone else in a bad situation, and fear that the new Mother is going to make changes and do things I'd never do... it brings out the territorial-ism in me, I guess. But I remind myself that the work I did counted, and that even if I'm not there, the Holy Spirit is, for crying out loud...
Tomorrow I'm getting a haircut and all the silly ends will be gone, cut off in a nice clean clip. My now droopy curls will get new life for the removal of all that old growth, weighing it down. I can't wait to wash my hair and feel all that new gone-ness!

No comments: