Thursday, December 21, 2006

Let's get started!

It's time to start Christmas Shopping. What's that you say? I'm supposed to be done now? Okay, here's the thing. Timing and rent and credit card bills have rendered us broke for a week or so now. Like, cash in your change broke. Cheez-its for lunch broke. Pray the checks will clear broke. Wait till payday to do Christmas shopping broke.
Now, I'm not complaining, because we get to spend our temporary broke-ness in a lovely warm apartment cooking up frozen meals and all sorts of good things. I have no basis for complaints.
I have tried to remember, during this broke-ness time, that there are so many people out there who REALLY are broke, and who are much more stressed about buying gifts than I am, because they are Santa for their kids. You know? Talk about pressure- hope and belief rests in them not only being able to buy gifts, but buy the exactly right gift. Now that's responsibility. That's stress!
So today's payday, and that means tomorrow we hit the stores. I'm hoping to keep a modicum of Christmas spirit through the day. Christmas shopping makes me so hateful. Oh, and it's time to pay the rent again...

1 comment:

HerMajesty00 said...

Margo, I get my check today to but have to work so I wont be shopping til late Saturday night. Do me a favor and don't buy the last Sponge Bob Christmas Special video as Joe is certain it will be all sold out and he IS counting on Santa being able to get it.
I just don't picture waiting lines for the video but Joe assures me it is THE gift on everyone's list. Merry Christmas!!!