Friday, August 18, 2006

It's my birthday!

Hello from birthday land! I am a whopping 38 today. I’ve been told a lot lately that I look like I’m in my 20’s, which I know is supposed to be good news, but I worry that this young-looking-ness makes me less credible to people older than me. So there’s my obligatory worry about aging, such as it is.
It is traditional for me to celebrate the whole Birthday Season, which for me is the entire month of August… this year I’ve toned it down out of guilt for how awful I am at remembering my friends’ and family’s birthdays, so I’ve only made a deal out of this week. Monday Scott got up BEFORE ME and went downtown to get me eggs benedict for breakfast!
Last night for Girlie Bible Study, we threw the Bible aside and had a campfire. Scott put a giant banner up on our house that says “Happy Birthday” and Nancy brought me the most deeeelicious non-ice-cream cake ever.
Today we’ve started the day out with a rousing stint of DANCE PRAISE!!! –which is a version of Dance Dance Revolution that uses Christian pop songs. SOOOOO fun, and I have a real talent for it that I think will take me far in the world.
Soon we’re off to Newburyport to spend the day “donking around” as my Dad would say, and tomorrow we’re headed for Maine to see my family and eat our weight in lobster, steak, and cake. We’re also going to see Sister Hazel in Freeport, which is a band I’m sure I should know/remember. Did they have a hit? See, I’m getting old, and can’t remember everything.

3 comments:

Of Graveyards and Things said...

Another August baby!! Since I never seem to know other Leos, I also enjoy taking over the entire month as a birthday fiesta!! Hope the eggs benedict was delicious =)

Also, Sister Hazel should be great - their biggest hit awhile ago was "All for You"

margmor said...

Yes yes "All for you"! And you were right, they were great! What a fun band! Kinda Barenaked Ladies-esque. Happy birthday to you!

Anonymous said...

You should not feel bad for not remembering your friends' birthdays. If they wanted them to be remembered, they too would make a month-long big deal of them! So, shame on them. BTW - don't forget November 2.