Saturday, September 23, 2006

Joe, you're too low! Pull up!! Pull up!!!!!

In a weird confluence of several of my most irrational fears, the little airport behind our house is hosting several WWII-era planes, and flying them out over my driveway (which is an unusual flight path for the airport). And they're LOW. You can count the freckles on the noses of the pilots).
All of you, my myriad readers, may remember that my post 9/11 fears of planes crashing on my house live on. (I don't always duck...) The other fear featured here, even more bizarre, is a war thing. What's weird here is that whenever I have dreams about war, (not often, I swear- don't go taking up a collection for my therapy) it's WWII that is the scene I picture. I know, I was born umpty-nine years after that war, but somehow, as wars go, it is the most significant and clear frame of reference for me. I blame the old movies and Time-Life books.
So imagine, if you will, heading out to work (on your day off) for a stressful meeting, and in the driveway, flying directly over your head (and did I mention LOW) is a WWII-type war plane. Oh, and you're me. Very Twilight Zone, no?
And, am I the only one who has war dreams?

2 comments:

HerMajesty00 said...

Planes do not bother me. On the otherhand I make Blausses practise both a fire drill and a thunderstrom drill. We also periodically discuss the tornado drill and I have contemplated both an earthquake and a volcano repsonse.
We all end up in therapy and blame our mothers...at least my children's therapist will have something to discuss at the psychotherapy luncheons.

pflan said...

I can see that whole scene and I have to sy I am REALLY lol!!

Sorry, but that is just irony to the fullest extent!

I love laughing.