Friday, January 25, 2013

YOUTH MINISTRY!

The other day, Scott said "I feel kind of... like I'm coming down with something... like, I have the chills?" Later that night he was fine, and that was the end of the story.
What I realize now is that I was witnessing the phenomenon of a cold germ bouncing off him, and onto me.
Which leads us to today- Scott is heading off to his retreat weekend (leading, not participating) and I am in my pajamas, draining the DVR and making droll Facebook updates about sitcoms, and blowing my nose.
I have been feeling doomed all winter, or at least since this flu bug hit. You know how they say "it's a recession when your neighbor loses his job, a depression when you lose yours"? Well it's a flu epidemic when someone you know lands in the hospital for 5 days because she can't breathe, and it's the FLU! That's what happened to a co-worker of ours, and she's still on oxygen. The FLU people!! So, although I usually do crazy things while Scott's away (oh you know, shopping sprees, carb-filled dinners, department store makeovers, sleepovers and pillowfights with girlfriends...), this time I'm staying put, snuggling kittens and applying lotion to the crust that has formed around my nostrils.
Oh... you're here to read about Youth Ministry? I did mention that Scott's on retreat, right? YOUTH MINISTRY!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You can get Aussie fries to go, you know... If it's just you, I would suggest pairing with a salad, so you feel like you're eating something healthy (even if it's covered in ranch (for me) or blue cheese (for you) dressing). :-)