Monday, February 02, 2009

Cupdate

Get it? Cupdate?
I went back to the surgeon today to have some little problems addressed. Apparently my body doesn't like the idea of dissolving dissolvable stitches, and instead pushes them out through my skin. It's not a painful thing, but it is a bit disconcerting.
I have been thinking about how much I've healed in the past two months, how far I've come. Like they say about childbirth, the pain is a distant, hazy memory- I remember that it hurt, but can't really locate that experience in my mind. I do remember being miserable and discouraged, but those feelings seem long-ago and far-away too. My friend told me that one day I'd realize that I hadn't noticed my incisions all day, and that day has practically come now. I can lay on my belly at night and jog up the stairs at work without any kind of agony.
So, would I recommend this surgery to someone else? Yeah, I think I would. I don't think I'm one of those surgery cheerleaders who brag about how great they feel. Yet. But I think that day might come. One thing's for sure, I notice EVERYONE'S chest now. I find myself thinking "hey that girl could use a breast reduction (or two)."

4 comments:

Her Harlequin said...

I am glad you are doing so great!
(However if you looked at my chest these days you would think, geez those girls are sliding right off of her! sigh...)

Unknown said...

Cupdate! Took me a minute, but I love it!

Anonymous said...

So ... do me a favor and don't notice my chest for a while after this baby is born... from what I hear the girls could become a size previously undiscovered... I am just saying...

Father68 said...

Oh great!