Friday, July 25, 2008

No worries!


I mentioned something to my sister that I was worried about (nothing serious) and she asked me, "you worry?" I was kind of surprised by her surprise, actually. Do I strike people as a non-worrier? Oh I'VE got WORRIES! (Nothing serious, though. Well, in fact, let's see...

I worry about Scott dying. Not enough that it keeps me up at night but enough that I worry when he's late or I haven't heard from him in a while.
I worry about oversleeping on important mornings.
I worry when a motorcyclist passes me on the highway and he's only wearing a t-shirt and shorts, that he'll skid and crash and I'll have to witness it.
I worry that I'll need to give CPR someday.
I worry about getting pregnant.
I worry that my friends will ask me to babysit.
I worry, in the winter, about falling down and hitting my head.
I worry about catching the flu from my friends.
I worry that secretly, everyone thinks I'm kind of a jerk!
I worry that my pastor will be transferred.
That's all I can think of. Maybe I am pretty worry-free. Well that's good news!
I'm sure I'll come up with additional worries... I'll let you know.

UPDATED: Oh I remember! I worry whenever I get to a meeting or event, that I'm there on the wrong night, or at the wrong place, at the wrong time. Right! Yes, I worry about that. Okay.

Thinking about this reminded me of a great story that was part of a This American Life episode, about a guy who made a list of his fears, and now it's a published book- you can hear his story here, it's act 2.

No comments: