Tuesday, October 09, 2007

sick girl chronicles (two new posts)

So, on Thursday I started to feel kinda... ooky. But Friday was our day at the Fair, and so I fought it off. Went to bed early, took cold medicine, and convinced myself that it was nothing.
Friday, I was a trooper! I felt pretty crappy but I fought down a corn dog, lemonade, german waffle fries, part of a fried dough, and a coffee frappe. Oh and some cider. That night we had people over and although I wanted a nap, instead I had a really fun time hanging out with our friends, and managed to eat two hot dogs. And have a beer. I really went above and beyond.
Saturday I was supposed to go to the Corn Maze with the youth group, but instead I stayed home and coughed through two episodes of The War on PBS.
Sunday I went in to work early to e social at coffee and donuts, (and have donuts) but I really felt pretty bad, and spent most of the day at my desk trying to keep my head off of it. It turned out to be an extra long day. WHY did I go in so early??
At the Sign of Peace I did the fist-bump instead of shaking hands. I felt toxic.




Today I got up after a rough night and darn it, I don't feel better! I am sick of being at home on the couch, without even the energy to make soup, coughing and nursing a sore throat. My sister's school nurse says the cold that's going around is a TEN DAY cold. I am on day 6. I wish I had some ice cream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sound awful. I'm afraid to even read your blog. I think I'm feeling a tickle in my throat now.