Monday, August 20, 2007

I have 20 minutes to finish this post

Because apparently there is a "scheduled outage" at 4 pm.
Today, my replacement starts at my former parish. About a month ago I got an email from my former supervisor asking my opinion on this person who had applied for my position. Signed "xoxo", as usual.
I was kind of stumped. I felt a bit like I'd been asked to recommend a new wife for my ex, and how could I do that? My first choice for a replacement would be, naturally, someone who's just like me! The person who applied is, well... NOT like me. In fact, I don't think he even likes me, and that makes me not like him very much.
On top of that, I've found that the bosses/supervisor at the old place to be quite impossible to work for/with. If fellow YM friends had asked me if they should apply, I'm not sure I'd say YES. (am I making sense?)
So I was stuck- how do I respond to this query? And furthermore, why on earth are they asking me for my opinion? My opinion wasn't particularly treasured while I was employed there. Why would they listen to me, either way, now?
So, I didn't respond at all. Truth is, I've never seen this guy "in action"- maybe he's an amazing YM. I'm fairly sure he'll do well with the pastors there, which isn't necessarily a compliment on my part, but true. So who knows how he'll do? But it's a weird feeling to know I've been officially replaced. My assistants are now his, and he's probably moving my old desk to some new angle or spot, and soon he'll be meeting "my" kids. I wish everyone there the best and pray that it'll be amazingly successful, Holy Spirit zooming all over the place. But I kinda hope that he'll have to hear "that's not how SHE used to do it!" a few times before I'm forgotten!

1 comment:

HerMajesty00 said...

YOU are impossible to forget!
My favorite line in the blog was about how they didn't want your opinion when you worked there so why would they want it now? Fell of my computer chair giggling. You are a peach Margo.