Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pinterest Hits and Misses

Friday? What? Oh. Well, I call the holiday weekend rule. 
Anyway, here are seven things I've tried from Pinterest, to varying degrees of success. Oh, and they're low-carb.
1) Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Well, it was okay, but I think my oven is uneven and so some parts were fine and crust-like-ish, and others were like... well... cauliflower. I'd try it again, except that I have better things to do with my cauliflower. And if I were to do it again, I'd make smaller ones instead of one big unevenly cooked one.
2) Baked Avocado Eggs
So, in theory, these should be great, right? But the first thing that happened was that most of the egg blobbed out onto the baking sheet, and that made my first words of the day be swears. Apparently you really have to scoop out quite a big to make room for an actual egg in there. So, all I ended up with was a yolk and a bit of white. It wasn't awful, but it was disappointing.
3) Zucchini Chips
Here's what I was picturing. I was picturing... well, the chips in the picture? I mean, is that too much to ask? Instead, I waited over an hour and ended up with something somehow simultaneously soggy and dry. Blech. Maybe if I were really more patient, but I am not.
4) Green Bean Fries
OH these are so good. Really. Delicious!! I eat them with ranch dressing, and they are just so good, and easy, and fill that snack-sized hole that carbs leave.
5) Skillet Steak
I'm all for the grill, but this really is the way to go. I don't have a cast iron pan, so I pre-heat the broiler pan and then transfer the steak in there when it's time. Key to success: copious use of butter (seasoned or not)
6) Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
I am scarfing these as I type. I do miss baked goods, wicked, and these fit the bill. Unfortunately, Scott's allergic to almonds, so I will have to eat all of these before he comes home (tomorrow- don't worry, there's time!) But I should say, mine looked nothing like the picture here. What the hell, Pinterest posters??
7) Broiled Parmesan Tilapia
Another winna!! Really, bread crumbs are unnecessary, the parmesan does the trick. Yum.
BONUS!
Hungarian Mushroom Soup
This is so freakin' delicious. Skip the dill weed, because dill weed is gross. This soup, minus the dill weed, is just perfection. Enjoy.






No comments: