Monday, June 04, 2012

Random rainy day thoughts

Here's some follow-up for ya. Rose wine? Gross. At least the one I bought. I wanted it to be like red wine, but lighter, and refreshing. But it was... I don't even know how to describe it. Blech.

Why do movie ads have to be so obnoxious? Take, for example, the recent ad for Promethius. That movie, it's targeted at a specific kind of viewer, right? The horror/sci fi kind of viewer? Then why are they advertising during Cougar Town? And why do they have to play that annoying sound over and over? I can't wait for that movie to come out, but not because I want to see it.

Speaking of ads, that John Malkovich one for the iphone... it does not make me want to get a phone with Siri. That joke's not funny, and I don't buy that he's entertained by it. And while we're at it, I hope Samuel L. Jackson knows that just removing a golf game from your calendar isn't the same as canceling it. Was it a game with no partners? Did he have a tee time?

Lastly, we had a party to celebrate my graduation. I had no idea how big a deal it seems to be, to graduate from grad school. I'm always glad for a reason to throw a party, but my overall attitude toward grad school is more that of bearing it, rather than... I don't know, triumphing. I certainly wasn't expecting gifts, but I got great ones! And I was really honored and touched that people would come and celebrate. As my parents were leaving, my Dad hugged me and said "you have really great friends" and he's right. I remember my parents having big groups of friends who would have pool parties and cookouts together, and I love having that big bunch of people to gather with. Did I mention a bagpiper played on our lawn, in the pouring rain? That's the kind of friends I have. I'm a fortunate, lucky, blessed girl, and very thankful.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Good point about the tee time! How inconsiderate.

Tell Bob hello from Pittsburgh!